Illustrating interaction effects with graph

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

CrazyW

Illustrating interaction effects with graph

Postby CrazyW » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm currently trying to create a graph in order to visually point out an interaction effect. At first, I used a grouped scatter plot which assigned values to 3 subgroups. Then I added the fit line for these subgroups. However, my teacher asked me to present a graph without showing all the dots and just the fit lines. I can't seem to find how to remove the dots though. Is this possible? And if it isn't, is there another way to show the fit lines for the 3 subgroups in one graph?
Penguin_Knight

Re: Illustrating interaction effects with graph

Postby Penguin_Knight » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:56 pm

CrazyW wrote:I'm currently trying to create a graph in order to visually point out an interaction effect. At first, I used a grouped scatter plot which assigned values to 3 subgroups. Then I added the fit line for these subgroups. However, my teacher asked me to present a graph without showing all the dots and just the fit lines. I can't seem to find how to remove the dots though. Is this possible? And if it isn't, is there another way to show the fit lines for the 3 subgroups in one graph?
To remove all the dots:

1. Double click on the chart to start chart editor.
2. Click on one of the dots so that all the dots are indicated as highlighted.
3. Right click on the highlighted dot to open the Properties window.
4. Pick "No color". (See pic below)
5. Close the editor.
6. Done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.