Complex (?) calculations on dataset

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

blckor

Complex (?) calculations on dataset

Postby blckor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:51 pm

Hello,

@moderator?: Not sure if I post this question on the right part of the forum, but if not, please move this post

- I'm carrying out a wallet allocation analyses. I sent out a survey asking our customers which other providers ( I work for an ICT training provider) they use, how they rate these providers (scale 1-10) and what their yearly total budget is.

What i need to calculate for every customer is:

- how many providers they use
- how they rate each provider

then recalculate these ratings into ranks f.e.: John has three providers: X Y Z. He rates prov X a 7, Y a 9 and Z a 9. X will need to be rank 3, and Y and Z rank 1,5 ( if rank Y was a 9 and Z a 10 , ranks would be X 3 , Y 2, Z 1)

Then I need to recalculate these ranks and total of brands into a percentage with the use of the following formula:
Share of Wallet (%) = (1 – Rank/Used providers +1) * (2/used brands)

Can someone please explain to me how to formulate these recalculations in SPSS? have not been able to find out how. If more information is needed, please let me know. Happy to provide! Thanks very much
statman
Administrator

Re: Complex (?) calculations on dataset

Postby statman » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:21 am

How is the dataset laid out

And ....
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services