Help! Cannot annotate or scale output.

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

susanelisebrennan

Help! Cannot annotate or scale output.

Postby susanelisebrennan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:23 am

Please help! I've been using SPSS on Macs for 18 years and have just upgraded from 11 to 19. I'm incredibly frustrated because I can no longer reliably annotate and print my output files. Some (but not all) text objects are visible in the output file but invisible in Print Preview and will not print; then when the output file is saved and re-opened, those text objects are gone. I've been struggling with this version for 3 weeks; tonight alone I just lost about 4 hours of work (I use output files as a scientific notebook, and without my annotations, the analyses are useless).

Second problem is that the output file ignores the scale function in Page Setup, so I can't format things so they're readable and usable.

I have lost a whole week to wrestling with what used to be a useful program.
I hope someone can help with this - thanks much.
susanelisebrennan

Re: Help! Cannot annotate or scale output.

Postby susanelisebrennan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Hello again - I should add that the way I enter comments into an output file is to open up a title or text object (one that currently displays and prints just fine) and add text to it. Fully half the time this causes the object to disappear from Print Preview the from the file after it's been saved. Once a piece of added text is in this state, I can no longer get it to display, and can enter no new text into any of the other (system-generated) text or title objects. Ugh.