SAVE TRANSLATE - Export Data to Excel (.xlsx), 64-Bit

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

eonblue46an2

SAVE TRANSLATE - Export Data to Excel (.xlsx), 64-Bit

Postby eonblue46an2 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Hello Fellow SPSS Coders!

Here is an issue I am having trouble rectifying: I am trying to export an SPSS database to a specific worksheet within an Excel 2010 (.xlsx) file. The code below exports the SPSS database to the appropriate worksheet (called "Results") only if change the Excel file extension to .xls (Excel 1997-2003). If I keep the .xlsx extension, I receive the following error ("The ODBC subsystem has issued an error which prevents the processing of SAVE TRANSLATE ODBC request). I won't go into the specific details why I need the data exported into a later version of Excel, but it is very important that I do. I am running the 64-bit version of SPSS 20. All documentation I've read to date states that SPSS 20 can export data to a specific .xlsx worksheet. Any idea what may be going on here?

SAVE TRANSLATE
/TYPE=ODBC
/CONNECT="DSN=Excel Files;DBQ=C:\FilePath\ExcelFileName.xlsx"
/REPLACE
/TABLE="Results".
EXECUTE.

Thanks!!!
statman
Administrator

Re: SAVE TRANSLATE - Export Data to Excel (.xlsx), 64-Bit

Postby statman » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Check the Options from the Export splash
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
eonblue46an2

Re: SAVE TRANSLATE - Export Data to Excel (.xlsx), 64-Bit

Postby eonblue46an2 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Solved the issue: 64-bit SPSS and 32-bit MS Office Suite are incompatible (ODBC driver issue). Hopefully install of 64-bit MS Office will do the trick.