I recently started to work frequently with SPSS and so far I got well around just with searching the internet for solutions. But now I am at a problem where I don't even now how to google it. Therefore I am mainly asking for hints where I can find material how to teach myself. However here is the problem description where I got stuck.
I have a big Database with the following variables:
- Country_i -> Domestic country
- Country_j -> Destination country
- Psy_Dist_1 ->Psychic Distance 1st Dimension
- Psy_Dist_2 ->Psychic Distance 2nd Dimension
- Psy_Dist_3 ->Psychic Distance 3rd Dimension
- Psy_Dist_4 ->Psychic Distance 4th Dimension
- Psy_Dist_5 ->Psychic Distance 5th Dimension
From the five dimensions of Psychic Distance I have to calculate now one composite index with the formular
|k=1 to 5| sum (( Psy_Dist_ijk)^2 /V_ik /5)
i is the fist country
j the second country
k the kth dimension of psychic distance.
V_ik is the variance for the Psychic distance of the kth dimension and th ith country across all j countries
Especially including the calculation of V_jk is something I don't know how to start.
Some hints for tutorials or anything like that would be awesome
Thank you in advance and best regards