1) Go to you variable view tag
2) Highlight the column "Type"
3) Right click and choose "Sort Ascending" or "Sort Descending"
4) A question will pop up asking if you'd like to save your attribute, say yes can name it something. A new criterion will then appear on your Variable View, that new column contains the order BEFORE you sort the value. After renaming the missing, you can then come back this old order by sorting with it.
5) With the different types grouped together, you can use syntax to rename the missing with the "TO" option to represent all your variables as a vector, as long as you know where is the first and last variables of the cluster:
Code: Select all
MISSING VALUES firstNumericVar TO lastNumericVar (-9) .
MISSING VALUES firstStringVar TO lastStringVar ("Missing") .
This will only work if you would like to assign the same missing across the whole type of variables.