Just wondering

Any feedback or questions about spssforum.com

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

yvesvv

Just wondering

Postby yvesvv » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:43 pm

I was just wondering what you guys do for a living...? How do you use SPSS (or other stat software) in your everyday life, and so on... Might be helpful to direct questions to the right persons...

For instance, i'm a doctoral researcher at a Belgian University, with market research and marketing management as specialty...

What do you guys do?

Cheers

Yves
andris
Site Admin

Postby andris » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:04 am

Hi Yves,

Interesting question! I am a Market Researcher in the Netherlands and use SPSS to analyse the data in our research projects.

Andris
yvesvv

Postby yvesvv » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:01 am

Hello Andris, nice to know...

However, could the others please answer this question as well?
It could be useful to address specific problems to the "experts"...
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:16 pm

I am an applied statistician & market analyst located in Florida, USA. I have been in private practice, self-employed, for going on 15 years now. Do check out my Web site from my profile link.

Please address your questions/comments to the forum unless someone specifically suggests a "private" contact. Thanks

Cheers
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
Fierce

Postby Fierce » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:37 pm

Old, but nice and useful topic. Sure, "questions to the forum", but maybe someone can find something else here.

Anyway, I'm a statistics graduand at a federal brazilian university in Belo Horizonte and also information systems graduand at another university. Work as consultant/director of statistics junior enterprise at the uiniversity and worked at market research/opinion poll company. Used/use SPSS at any of these.
Tommytools

Postby Tommytools » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:41 am

Guess I might as well, since Fierce woke this thread up again :P

I'm a programmer by trade, but I kinda rolled into SPSS for my work. I work for a development aid agency in the Netherlands and use SPSS mostly to produce reports from field surveys. Not much of a statistician myself, though I do know the basics well enough to work with SPSS.

TT