University Survey on Parallel Statistical Computing

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

mattia.prosperi

University Survey on Parallel Statistical Computing

Postby mattia.prosperi » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:31 am

Dear colleagues,

I hope that the initiative below is appropriate and of interest to be posted through the SPSS forum channel.

The Centre for Health Informatics at University of Manchester is conducting a review on parallel computing in statistics. This study is being conducted within the University of Manchester and open to other institutions/research centres in UK and worldwide.
We hope that this survey gives indications on how parallel statistical computing should evolve in terms of software/resources, and also to have a clear picture of the current literacy among the people working in statistics.

If you are a statistician or if you are involved in theoretical/applied statistics in general, we hope that you may be interested in helping us by completing an on-line survey, which should take about five minutes (and no more than ten). There will be also a prize draw.

The link to the survey will show a disclaimer on the first page with additional details.

Link to the survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NNPuCx ... o/viewform

We thank you for your valuable time.
Best regards,

Mattia Prosperi.

--------------------------------------------------
Centre for Health Informatics (CHI)
Institute of Population Health
University of Manchester
University Place, Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL, United Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------
statman
Administrator

Re: University Survey on Parallel Statistical Computing

Postby statman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Completed but 1 comment: The focus, at least it appears so to me, is the academic versus the "generic" (academic and/or private/corporate) statistician. I fall into the latter, i.e., private practice and self-employed who has clients, for the most part, around the world.