University Survey on Parallel Statistical Computing

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

University Survey on Parallel Statistical Computing

Postby mattia.prosperi » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:31 am

Dear colleagues,

I hope that the initiative below is appropriate and of interest to be posted through the SPSS forum channel.

The Centre for Health Informatics at University of Manchester is conducting a review on parallel computing in statistics. This study is being conducted within the University of Manchester and open to other institutions/research centres in UK and worldwide.
We hope that this survey gives indications on how parallel statistical computing should evolve in terms of software/resources, and also to have a clear picture of the current literacy among the people working in statistics.

If you are a statistician or if you are involved in theoretical/applied statistics in general, we hope that you may be interested in helping us by completing an on-line survey, which should take about five minutes (and no more than ten). There will be also a prize draw.

The link to the survey will show a disclaimer on the first page with additional details.

Link to the survey: ... o/viewform

We thank you for your valuable time.
Best regards,

Mattia Prosperi.

Centre for Health Informatics (CHI)
Institute of Population Health
University of Manchester
University Place, Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL, United Kingdom

Re: University Survey on Parallel Statistical Computing

Postby statman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Completed but 1 comment: The focus, at least it appears so to me, is the academic versus the "generic" (academic and/or private/corporate) statistician. I fall into the latter, i.e., private practice and self-employed who has clients, for the most part, around the world.