Crosstabs and weights

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

mcarley

Crosstabs and weights

Postby mcarley » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:22 pm

I'm running across an issue with crosstabs and weighted/unweighted data.

I have survey data from 2011 and 2013 that I need to compare. Because the response rates changed, I had to weight the data, which I've done before. There were some missing cases on the key questions I was weighting by, so I have 29 cases with no weights. I'm not planning to include these in my analyses, but need to mention them when I describe the data.

I was just running some crosstabs and I got a warning in my log that at least once case had a weight of zero. It surprises me because the weights were turned off. I noted that the weighting had created a filter variable, which I deleted. Now, I no longer get this error message, but my unweighted cases still do not show up in my crosstabs. They'll show up in a simple frequency distribution, but not in a crosstab.

Again, the weights are turned off. How can I display a full crosstab of my unweighted data?

Thanks,

Mike
statman
Administrator

Re: Crosstabs and weights

Postby statman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:15 pm

My 1st thought is that something is "sticking" and the weights aren't set correctly. Try reloading the file

See the Note below
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services