SPSS Module Installation(s) Assistance

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

DEE4

SPSS Module Installation(s) Assistance

Postby DEE4 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Hello everyone!

Stumbled across this forum through a Google search out of frustration with IBM's web site.

I'm an IT contractor who's been hired to migrate users from XP to Win 7 for a medium sized company. They only have 3 users who run SPSS but the last person to install it for them was 3 years ago and has since left the company =/

I've been tasked with getting SPSS 22.0.0.1 on these user's machines which I've actually managed to do, but the users requested extra add-on modules be installed as well. This is where I'm having issues.

I have access to all the licenses the company purchased along with the authorization codes. When I attempt to download anything from IBM's site in relation to these modules, it's as if it's all the same download file.

I don't know a thing about SPSS itself but trying to find individual installation files for these add-ons that were purchased has been impossible. The users have asked for:

Statistics Base
Statistics Standard
Regression
Categories
Advanced Statistics
Data Preparation

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd love to keep my job! :(
statman
Administrator

Re: SPSS Module Installation(s) Assistance

Postby statman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:43 pm

The installer has ALL modules available, it is the install authorization code that tells the software, when verified via the Web site, to do the appropriate set of installs. Thus, if they were not installed then the code is limiting you. Further, when the code is validated, the approved modules list is displayed. So, what happened?
DEE4

Re: SPSS Module Installation(s) Assistance

Postby DEE4 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:17 pm

The issue was apparently in my perception of how the modules were to be added. I was under the assumption that I needed to do the core install, then download and install the appropriate modules, at which point I assumed that I would be asked for the additional authorization code(s).

Thanks for taking the time to offer assistance. I think everything is working fine now!

DEE4