Table Look question

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

Eric in Portland

Table Look question

Postby Eric in Portland » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:07 pm

I want to have a space in between the total row and the first response. How do I do it?

Thanks.
statman
Administrator

Re: Table Look question

Postby statman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:09 am

Please ..................
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
Eric in Portland

Postby Eric in Portland » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:42 am

Windows 10, recently (last week) purchased Subscription so that's V25, right? I'm running Custom Tables and my client has a Look that he's used for years. He sent me his copy which I used with version 17 until I upgraded.

Apparently the Look he sent me, which worked just fine before, does not work with this new version of SPSS, so I've been trying to recreate it.

Right now the rows in the crosstab table all follow each other with no spaces. I would like to have a single space after the Total row (which has no percentage shown...it's only the sample size) and before the first response row (which has both cell size and column percentage).

Or, alternatively, I'd like to have the response categories underlined to separate them but have just one for each response. That is I'd like to show something like "Extremely Important" with the only underline being to separate it from "Somewhat Important".

Here's some syntax in Custom Tables:

* Custom Tables.
CTABLES
/VLABELS VARIABLES=q2 zgendr DISPLAY=LABEL
/TABLE q2 [COUNT F40.0, COLPCT.COUNT PCT40.1, TOTALS[COUNT F40.0]] BY zgendr
/SLABELS POSITION=ROW VISIBLE=NO
/CATEGORIES VARIABLES=q2 [1 thru 99] EMPTY=EXCLUDE TOTAL=YES POSITION=BEFORE
/CATEGORIES VARIABLES=zgendr [1 thru 99] EMPTY=EXCLUDE TOTAL=YES POSITION=BEFORE
/COMPARETEST TYPE=PROP ALPHA=0.05 ADJUST=BONFERRONI ORIGIN=COLUMN INCLUDEMRSETS=YES
CATEGORIES=ALLVISIBLE.

I suppose it would be easier to explain if I could attach some output. Let me know if that's possible.
Eric in Portland

Postby Eric in Portland » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:32 am

for anyone who comes upon this and wonders, the answer was going into the .stt file and changing

<generalProperties hideEmptyRows="true"

to

<generalProperties hideEmptyRows="false"

Pretty simple after all!
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Glad you found it, and thanks for sharing the solution :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services