Small Consultancy Job: PCA Analysis for Ranking Data

Feel free to post your SPSS related job openings in here.

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

hjeksner

Small Consultancy Job: PCA Analysis for Ranking Data

Postby hjeksner » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:11 pm

I am looking for someone to consult with me on how to do a Principal Components (PCA) or dimensional analysis for ranking data in SPSS.
I understand that because the assumption of normality does not hold for this kind of data, I cannot proceed with a regular PCA. I checked out what I could find in the internet, and the most recent and useful treatment seems to be Brady's 1990 article "Dimensional Analysis of Ranking Data" in the American Journal of Political Science 34:1017-48. However, I cannot translate his point into a work-flow in SPSS.

I am looking for help in how I can go about analyzing this data in terms of dimensions. Please contact Julia Eksner with a quote for your hourly wage at eksner@gmail.com.
oken

Re: Small Consultancy Job: PCA Analysis for Ranking Data

Postby oken » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Can I get a brief description of what the data looks like. Perhaps I can offer some useful suggestions.
hjeksner wrote:I am looking for someone to consult with me on how to do a Principal Components (PCA) or dimensional analysis for ranking data in SPSS.
I understand that because the assumption of normality does not hold for this kind of data, I cannot proceed with a regular PCA. I checked out what I could find in the internet, and the most recent and useful treatment seems to be Brady's 1990 article "Dimensional Analysis of Ranking Data" in the American Journal of Political Science 34:1017-48. However, I cannot translate his point into a work-flow in SPSS.

I am looking for help in how I can go about analyzing this data in terms of dimensions. Please contact Julia Eksner with a quote for your hourly wage at eksner@gmail.com.