Multiple People Entering Data

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

argarrett0112

Multiple People Entering Data

Postby argarrett0112 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:33 pm

I am an undergrad research assistant for my professor. She has asked me to research an issue regarding data entry.

Last semester, a team of us gave out surveys and collected the data from undergraduate students. Toward the end of the school year, the survey data were entered by another undergrad research assistant (Rachel) and me. Our professor initially expected Rachel and I to both enter all of the data last semester. However, Rachel graduated before she finished. This semester, we started working again and got a new research assistant (Heather) to finish entering the data Rachel did not get to. The next step in the process would be to compare the two data sets. The primary investigator will then resolve any differences in data entry. Now my question is, should Heather to re-enter all of the surveys Rachel entered last semester (so that all data was entered by two people) or should Heather continue where Rachel left off?

Thanks !
statman
Administrator

Re: Multiple People Entering Data

Postby statman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Would suggest it depends on the "significance" of the study and then if Rachel left notes as to her process/procedure/metric for entry.

Also, for posting ......................
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services