Non optical survey to SPSS input

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

sertacthebassman

Non optical survey to SPSS input

Postby sertacthebassman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Hello,

Have a nice day everyone.

My girlfriend is a nurse and a post graduate student, so she has a thesis. Before our relationship, she have designed a survey about she's thesis withouth optical form. Can we scan them and digitalize surweys to SPSS inputs areas ? The surweys has 3 types of reply.

1: I agree, I don't agree, I have no information
2: Multiple answers for a few questions like : I have learn that from my: Brother, sister, father, mother, uncle etc. And participant can choise them multiple.
3: Handwrited answers (We will fill them manually)

There are 500 surweys and 4 pages and we tried to input them to SPSS for 3 hours and we just have done %5 of them. Also we want to know that every couple that which couple answered. The couples are getting married and they are marked as 1Man - 1Woman, 2Man - 2Woman for their privacy.

Thank you so much for your interest.
dahmer33

Re: Non optical survey to SPSS input

Postby dahmer33 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:32 am

I have no way to answer this without knowing how the data is "saved". Like is it on an excel spreadsheet, surveymonkey, paper? If paper, the only way I could see it possibly being done is scanning them, making it editable and somehow getting it to put it into a cell format and transfer it to excel then transfer it to SPSS. But other than that I cannot answer your question without more information.
sertacthebassman

Postby sertacthebassman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:36 am

dahmer33 wrote:I have no way to answer this without knowing how the data is "saved". Like is it on an excel spreadsheet, surveymonkey, paper? If paper, the only way I could see it possibly being done is scanning them, making it editable and somehow getting it to put it into a cell format and transfer it to excel then transfer it to SPSS. But other than that I cannot answer your question without more information.
Thank you for your interest. I could't think it, sorry. Surveys are in paper. So we are going to scan all of them.
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:02 pm

No, SPSS does not have a scanning input option

If you can scan to a text or excel file somewhere then there is hope for you

Also, form now on ......................
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services