I have been running a number of Crosstabs in SPSS 21 doing Chi-square and Z-tests. It was all going well and making sense until I tried the latest set of cosstabs with predictor variables with large numbers of categories (the dependent variable still only has 2 categories).
When I ran the test I got an extremely large number of subscript letters in the output table which makes no sense. My predictor variables have no more than 15 categories, but SPSS is giving me tables with cells with huge numbers of subscript letters. For example, the latest output gave me the following for one cell:
14a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z, ba, bb, bc, bd, be, bf, bg, bh, bi, bj, bk, bl, bm, bn, bo, bp, bq, br, bs, bt, bu, bv, bw, bx, by, bz, ca, cb, cc, cd, ce, cf, cg, ch, ci, cj, ck, cl, cm, cn, co, cp, cq, cr, cs, ct, cu, cv, cw, cx, cy, cz, da, db
I have followed the instructions in the books and online for running these tests, so I am pretty sure I am running them correctly. I have also tried to find information on the outputs but cannot find anywhere that explains why I am getting such a huge number of subscript letters.
Any information/advice would be wonderful.