Interpreting the coefficients of my regression model

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

Interpreting the coefficients of my regression model

Postby george1660 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi all,

I am a student at Bournemouth University currently undertaking a research project into the pay-performance sensitivity in AIM companies. I want to investigate the impact of firm performance on total pay.

My dependent variable is total pay (inc cash + equity pay) and my independent variable is firm performance. Data is for one year, 2013.

Firm performance is measured in % e.g +10%, -13%. Total pay is measured to the nearest pound, e.g £761,376. However, both variables have been transformed via Log10 and were entered into the SPSS regression in their log form.

I have attached the coefficients table as an attachment below. The B values are Constant 5.903 and Firm Performance 0.451.

For suitable comparsion with prior literature, if possible, I would like to know the following:
-I want to find out what a 10% and 1% increase in firm performance would correspond to in % increase in total pay?
-As well as this as firm performance increases by 1 unit, by how many £s does total pay increase by?

I apologise in advance if I had not provided the relevant information and thank you for any help you could give me!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Interpreting the coefficients of my regression model

Postby GerineL » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:40 am

I think this will help you with your question: ... ession.htm