Inputting Survey Data and performing the analysis

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

Linux

Inputting Survey Data and performing the analysis

Postby Linux » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Dear SPSS Users,

I need your help.

I am new to SPSS. I am conducting a research and need SPSS for the analysis. I have received survey response. But my challenge is inputting the survey Data and performing the analysis in SPSS.

Please can anyone help me? I will gladly share more information about the survey data or the analysis I want, If required.

Looking forward to kind expedited support.

Thank you.

Linux
statman
Administrator

Re: Inputting Survey Data and performing the analysis

Postby statman » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Need more so ...
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
Linux

Postby Linux » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Thank you Statman for kind response.

I am investigating the impact of culture-strategy fit on organizational market performance. My sample size is two companies. My survey is of two parts:
(1) Lead Questionnaire - intended for the study company leaders who contribute or initiate strategies. 8 generic strategies were were provided, out of which the respondents were asked to select any 2 that applies to their company and assess the extent of success of the selected strategies (based on Likert scale of 1 to 5). In the analysis, this extent of success will be represented by Market Performance.

(2) Team Questionnaire - intended for the members of the study companies. Culture types (CVF) were provided and the respondents were asked to choose the percentage of closeness of the CVF type to their company's culture.

I have received survey response from these two groups. Based on this, I want to analyze the data to check if a congruency between culture and and strategy affects the market performance (extent of success).

My OS is Windows 7 (Home), SPSS Statistics 20.

I will attach data aggregated in the Excel ...
iopsych

Postby iopsych » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:07 am

Hello Linux,

How do you define culture-strategy fit?

You need to have a metric of fit first. Can the literature help regarding with strategy type and culture type is congruent?

If you can find a way to operationalize fit, then you can use simple correlation to determine the extent to which it is related with market performance.

I hope this helps.

Yalcin