SPSS Export with resolution of 1000dpi

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

SPSS Export with resolution of 1000dpi

Postby LadyReta » Sat May 09, 2015 10:37 pm

I have a problem with SPSS. For publishing of an article the journal needs two graphs (kaplan-meier-plots) in a specific resolution (1000 dpi), width (16,8cm) and data format (.tif, .eps or .pdf). I have no idea how to do it. At first I simply adjusted the width in the output viewer of spss and used export to save the graph as .tif, but the resolution was far too low.

Any idea how I can get the correct resolution in my exported graphs? I am using SPSS23. For working with pictures I am using gimp, but do not have any special software like Adobe Acrobat or Photoshop.

Many thanks.

Re: SPSS Export with resolution of 1000dpi

Postby GerineL » Sun May 10, 2015 11:21 am

don't know if you can change it in spss.

I usually copy / paste them to powerpoint, here you can see how to automatically adjust dpi for when you save powerpoint thingies:

here's some alternatives:
http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/ (free program)

Re: SPSS Export with resolution of 1000dpi

Postby Cropman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:57 pm

In the output page right click on the graphic and click on export. The lower half of the box that opens up should allow you to choose .eps as your export option. I'm not sure about dpi though. I think the size of the graphic depends on the height and width values, you can adjust these after double clicking on the graphic in its editing page.