Labeling Categories Within Each Level of Each Factor in Repeated Measures with Compare (instead of numbers)

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

bluelagoon

Labeling Categories Within Each Level of Each Factor in Repeated Measures with Compare (instead of numbers)

Postby bluelagoon » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Hello there!

I have 8 columns of repeated measures data with within-subject factors represented by 2x2x2: Jump leg (left or right); land leg (left or right); jumpland (jumping or landing). (The rows include the subject and their attributes, such as whether the subject is injured or not). There are a number of different jumps for each subject.

Code: Select all

GLM Force_Jump.1.1 Force_Land.1.1 Force_Jump.1.2 Force_Land.1.2 Force_Jump.2.1 Force_Land.2.1 Force_Jump.2.2 Force_Land.2.2 BY InjuredSide WITH Dominant
   /WSFACTOR=JumpLeg 2 Simple  LandLeg 2 simple  JumpLand 2 simple
   /MEASURE=Force
I am using the COMPARE function to look at pairwise differences among the different levels of these factors. At a basic level, I can label within a particular variable and have it show up in the output, but not one of the factor levels that crosses multiple columns as a repeated measures design (the items I listed above) would. I am looking for a way to display (in the output) the items in parentheses above (left or right) - in other words, the actual values within each level of each factor.

Ideally I'd love to do something like this, but obviously this isn't real code that actually works:
/WSFACTOR=JumpLeg ["LeftJump" + "RightJump"] Simple LandLeg ["LeftLand" + "RightLand"] simple JumpLand ["Jumping" + "Landing"] simple
Example of a COMPARE use:

Code: Select all

/EMMEANS=TABLES(Congruent*InjuredSide*JumpLand*JumpLeg*LandLeg) WITH(Dominant=MEAN) COMPARE(InjuredSide) ADJ(LSD)
Sample output is attached. Right now the only output I can get labeled is InjuredSide, as that is a variable I can directly alter the label/values for, unlike the repeated measures conditions.

This would be quite helpful as keeping track of all of the 1s and 2s can get a bit confusing, especially for longer takes - and for both for this particular analysis and for more complicated ones.

Thank you so much!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.