z-test and t-test within Custom table - Include the 'Total' column for comparision

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

littlepro

z-test and t-test within Custom table - Include the 'Total' column for comparision

Postby littlepro » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:15 am

Hi,

I'm try to undertake columns' proportions and means within Custom table. However the 'Total' column is not included for comparison.
Any way I can obtain difference test results b/w each of the columns against the 'Total' column?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,
statman
Administrator

Re: z-test and t-test within Custom table - Include the 'Total' column for comparision

Postby statman » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:04 pm

You can add the totals col via a check box. As for test of sig, not directly available w CTables but there is a add-in you can add to SPSS under Extension Bundles but need you to ...........
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
littlepro

Re: z-test and t-test within Custom table - Include the 'Total' column for comparision

Postby littlepro » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:36 pm

Many thanks for your feedback statman! I've searched for an appropriate extension bundle but have no luck. Would you please provide the name or any other detail about that particular EB?
Thanks again for your help. Cheers!
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Need your SPSS version
littlepro

Postby littlepro » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:08 am

Hi. It's ver. 23. Thanks!
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Oops! My misread - Totals isn't included. Here is an example syntax using the employee data.sav file

Code: Select all

* Custom Tables.
CTABLES
  /VLABELS VARIABLES=educ jobcat DISPLAY=LABEL
  /TABLE educ [C] BY jobcat [C][COUNT F40.0, COLPCT.COUNT '%' PCT40.0]
  /CATEGORIES VARIABLES=educ ORDER=A KEY=VALUE EMPTY=INCLUDE MISSING=EXCLUDE
  /CATEGORIES VARIABLES=jobcat ORDER=A KEY=VALUE EMPTY=INCLUDE TOTAL=YES POSITION=BEFORE 
    MISSING=EXCLUDE
  /COMPARETEST TYPE=PROP ALPHA=0.05 ADJUST=BONFERRONI ORIGIN=COLUMN INCLUDEMRSETS=YES 
    CATEGORIES=ALLVISIBLE.
Then you can merge the test result table at the bottom with the top table using the Merge Tables add-in - See Utilities>Extension Bundles>Download and Install

Code: Select all

** Standard Table of proportions.
SPSSINC MERGE TABLES MATCHLABEL="%" ATTACH=COLUMNS
MODE=MERGE
TABLES="'Custom Table'" "'Comparisons of Proportions'"
/OPTIONS HIDE=NO APPENDTITLE=YES APPENDCAPTION=YES ADDLABELLEAF=YES
HALIGN=RIGHT SEPARATOR="\n".

HTHs
littlepro

Postby littlepro » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:02 am

Hi statman.

Many thanks for the help. However the codes does not actually do what I am after.
Please find more detail about my querry in the attached screenshot. By comparison, I mean test if the difference is significant.
Many thanks again for your kind help.

Cheers,
LP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:44 pm

As noted, not available, just paired comparisons