comparing different means / acceptability of different methods

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

vvvaaa

comparing different means / acceptability of different methods

Postby vvvaaa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi! I am sorry if the question will seem weird for some of you, yet I have never really learned much about using SPSS, and, in this case, searching for the problem does not get the result I need.
So. The thing is I have had a questionnaire with a set of methods and the respondents needed to answer within a Likert scale - they needed to rate in what degree did they support the methods given (1 - completely unacceptable, 5 - completely acceptable). Thus I have different means for different methods. What would be the best ways to compare the results between the methods? I mean I can just see a table of the means and SD, so I see in which cases the number is higher, however, I am sure there should be a more scientific method for that, also providing the statistical significance etc. Moreover, I would also like to compare the results in the context of age groups.

I hope this sounds sensible for you. If you have any question or something is not clear, I will gladly answer. But it is really important to solve this thing..
statman
Administrator

Re: comparing different means / acceptability of different methods

Postby statman » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:46 pm

If understand then look into a set of independence tests or perhaps ANOVA

Also ..........
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services