Easiest way to update graph or crosstab when dataset modifie

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

sparrow

Easiest way to update graph or crosstab when dataset modifie

Postby sparrow » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:51 am

Hi,

I am hoping my question will be clear enough. I have tried finding more information about this, but without any success... :?

I am working with a dataset which is a work in progress. I will need to keep adding and correcting cases. At the same time, I need to start creating graphs and crosstabs.

I was therefore wondering if there is an easy way to keep tables and graphs updated when the dataset is modified.

In Excel, modifying the dataset will automatically update any graph or table. I am hoping SPSS might have similar options. I am using version 14.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
M.
yvesvv

Re: Easiest way to update graph or crosstab when dataset mod

Postby yvesvv » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:11 am

sparrow wrote:Hi,

I am hoping my question will be clear enough. I have tried finding more information about this, but without any success... :?

I am working with a dataset which is a work in progress. I will need to keep adding and correcting cases. At the same time, I need to start creating graphs and crosstabs.

I was therefore wondering if there is an easy way to keep tables and graphs updated when the dataset is modified.

In Excel, modifying the dataset will automatically update any graph or table. I am hoping SPSS might have similar options. I am using version 14.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
M.
save the syntaxes, and run them when you need a certain analysis/graph
Kemsit

Postby Kemsit » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:51 pm

Sorry for bumping an old post, but I'm having the same problem in SSPS 16. I made a couple of graphs and tables with a dataset. Then I added some more records to the dataset. How do I make the graphs and tables update with the recently added records, without having to remake them?
save the syntaxes, and run them when you need a certain analysis/graph
I don't understand what yvesvv means by this.

Thanks in advance!
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:59 pm

The program for creating the graph is the syntax, just re-run it to get the updated graph.

If you don't have the syntax either in a syntax file or the output then it is contained in the Note in the output (usually) but you might have to open then note to see it

OK?
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
Kemsit

Postby Kemsit » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:12 am

I Just made some tables and graphs without saving the syntaxes. As u said the syntax code is in the NOTE. But how do I use this do re-run it?

Notes
Output Created 2011-12-06T12:10:41.245
Input Active Dataset DataSet1
N of Rows in Working Data File 52

Syntax CTABLES
/VLABELS VARIABLES=Interesse VHE DISPLAY=DEFAULT
/TABLE Interesse [COUNT F40.0] BY VHE
/CATEGORIES VARIABLES=Interesse VHE ORDER=A KEY=VALUE EMPTY=INCLUDE.