Export data in excel file

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

roci

Export data in excel file

Postby roci » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:02 am

Hi,

I have a problem exporting data in excel file.
I,ve more than 100 syntaxis files that I need to export to diferents sheets but in the same excel file.

This is the script i,m using:

OUTPUT EXPORT
/CONTENTS EXPORT=VISIBLE LAYERS=VISIBLE MODELVIEWS=VISIBLE
/XLS DOCUMENTFILE='O:\Informe\Técnicos\Base_Técnicos_Empresa2.xls'
OPERATION=CREATESHEET SHEET='P1'
LOCATION=STARTCELL('A3') NOTESCAPTIONS=NO.

I use the same script for every syntaxis file only changing the name of the sheet.
The problema I have is that I can,t link diferents syntaxis file in order to execute all them at the same time, because the program export sheet P1 ok, but in P2 it export P1 and P2, in P3, it export P1,P2 and P3.

Is there any way i can select the tables i want to export in each sheet??

Thanks for your help
statman
Administrator

Re: Export data in excel file

Postby statman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:46 pm

I,ve more than 100 syntaxis files that I need to export to diferents sheets but in the same excel file.
"syntax files," is this what you want to export?
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
roci

Postby roci » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:42 am

No. I mean the results.
If I execute (run the file) all the syntax files at the same time, all the results are in the same output statistics viewer.
So there is where i think i have the problem. What i,m doing to have the results of each syntax in differents sheets is to close de statistics viewer and execute the next syntax. What i,m trying to do is to execute all the files at the same time and have the results of each syntax in a different sheet of the same excel file.

Thanks
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Check into setting Page Breaks but don't believe you can (BTY, what SPSS version?) except perhaps via a macro (can't really help you on this)
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
roci

Postby roci » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:42 am

Finally i found out how to solve my problem. I, ve introduce the script "output new." between each syntax, so I,ve one output viewer for each diferent syntax file.

Thank you for the help.