Multiple Response Sets in Custom Tables SPSS v21

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

MelodyCR

Multiple Response Sets in Custom Tables SPSS v21

Postby MelodyCR » Thu May 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi,

I've had a few problems recently with SPSS storing my multiple response sets that I've created within Custom Tables.
When I set up a Multiple Response set, I add in all the required variables, but sometimes when I go back to the same Multiple Response set maybe on a later date, some of the variables are no longer stored and when I add them back in, it appears quite random as to what it stores and what it doesn't, which is very problematic for me!

Please help!!
Thanks
M
RubenGeert

Re: Multiple Response Sets in Custom Tables SPSS v21

Postby RubenGeert » Fri May 30, 2014 5:43 am

Sounds interesting but without presenting any syntax or data sample it may be hard/impossible to solve this. If you could upload a sample of your data (perhaps replace values with zeroes and ones if they're confidential) and paste the syntax you use, other people can try and replicate what you describe.

Kind regards,

Ruben Geert van den Berg
www.spss-tutorials.com
MelodyCR

Postby MelodyCR » Fri May 30, 2014 7:07 am

Thanks for your response but since posting in the forum, I've also heard back from SPSS and it is a problem with v21 and there is a fix that can be downloaded to prevent it happening.
Apparently, the multiple response sets are disrupted on databases that contain very large column widths?
If I move to version 22 then all will be good :)
Thanks
Melody
RubenGeert

Postby RubenGeert » Fri May 30, 2014 7:52 am

Thanks for sharing this information, it may put others (including me) on the right track as well if this is encountered again.

Best of luck with the project!