WinWrap Basic - JCAdapter not yet initialized

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

weitunddrei

WinWrap Basic - JCAdapter not yet initialized

Postby weitunddrei » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:59 pm

Version 16.0.2.1: when I start a skript to optimize output (for example "apply_autofit.sbs") I got the error message "WinWrap Basic - JCAdapter not yet initialized".

How can I solve the problem?
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:11 pm

Sorry, have no idea what you are talking about. If this script wasn't written specifically for V16 it want work because of the new Java interface.
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
weitunddrei

Postby weitunddrei » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:28 am

statman wrote:Sorry, have no idea what you are talking about. If this script wasn't written specifically for V16 it want work because of the new Java interface.
When I try to start the V16-Skript "Make Text Red Autoscript.wvd" I get the same error message!
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:58 am

Just tried and works here. Did you read the script write-up (can view in a text editor)? However, seems to delay a bit before the red takes effect.
weitunddrei

Postby weitunddrei » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:01 am

statman wrote:Just tried and works here. Did you read the script write-up (can view in a text editor)? However, seems to delay a bit before the red takes effect.
When starting any script, immediately the error message
"WinWrap Basic - JCAdapter not yet initialized" appears in a Windows Message Box and the SPSS-LOG says: "Error : (10094) ActiveX-Automation: Objektvariable ist 'Nothing'."
and then nothing happens.
What does this error messages mean? What can I do?
Thank you for your help!
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:38 am

Sorry, no idea so suggest you forward a descriptive to support@spss.com Make sure you have all your account info included with the email
Ingrid

Re: WinWrap Basic - JCAdapter not yet initialized

Postby Ingrid » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:35 am

weitunddrei wrote:Version 16.0.2.1: when I start a skript to optimize output (for example "apply_autofit.sbs") I got the error message "WinWrap Basic - JCAdapter not yet initialized".

How can I solve the problem?
Hi, I've got the same problem. How did you solve it?
NoOneLeft

Postby NoOneLeft » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:31 am

This is an installation problem. Most likely your copy was installed via MSI which has a known problem with the script engine getting messed up if an install is done via silent remote install (what is sometimes called a push install).

If your not sure what I'm talking about you should get your IT person to reinstall SPSS for you and ask that they not do a remote install, that should fix the issue.

There can be other causes for that message, but this is the most common. There is no way this can be caused by your script itself.
Ingrid

Postby Ingrid » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. Our IT person has reinstalled SPSS like you suggested, but still it didn't work. What worked was to go back to version 15.0, unfortunately.