Tables vs. Excel in V.16

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

jamison

Tables vs. Excel in V.16

Postby jamison » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:10 pm

We recently purchased version 16, and Tables takes hours to process output to excel, if it even works instead of freezing the computer. Even just trying to do a copy and paste never finishes. Tables just won't work. It will Gray out the entire screen and make us reboot. This has been discussed before but I still need help. Are any patches available?
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Yes, several. Go to http://support.spss.com/Tech/default.asp and if you don't have an account (ID & Password) use Guest & Guest
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
NoOneLeft

Postby NoOneLeft » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:13 am

If you goto support dot spss dot com (I don't have enough posts to put up URL's yet) you don't even need a login. Just click the "16.0.2" patches and you will get to a list of more recent SPSS patches without ever hitting a login screen.

Beyond the patches (which do help a lot, but do not solve all these output issues) I would suggest using export to Word rather than export or copy paste into Excel. Excel and version 16 seem to hate each other quite a bit!

Once into Word format it is very easy to copy paste from Word into Excel with no problems, and the resulting formatting is usually quite nice.