Sudden Start Error: ...key Launch for application Algorithms

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

caitlinru

Sudden Start Error: ...key Launch for application Algorithms

Postby caitlinru » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:06 am

I've had 15.0 GP installed for almost a year now and have run it many times without a problem. It's probably been 2 weeks since the last time I needed it. I went to start the application this evening and got the following message:

An error occurred reading key Launch for application Algorithms in the registration database. The database may be corrupted.

The application opens when I click the button (there is only one). If I try to open a data file it seems to try to do something, the Output window opens but no data appears and nothing is actually shown in the output window. (The word Log shows up in the tree, but if I click it I see an empty box in the other window.)

I've tried rebooting the system. No effect. When I go into Regedit it shows that key as unset. I tried rereg.bat to see if that was the problem but no effect. The SPSS site has only one item for this error in its knowledge base, and that one talks about the account having insufficient privileges. The thing is this is the only account on this machine and it is the administrator. Further, it is the same account that I have been using the software from for months.

Ideas on what to look for?

Thanks
Caitlin
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:27 pm

My first thought is to do a reinstall, actually a repair installation, to see if that helps?
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
MissQteeone

same problem

Postby MissQteeone » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:56 am

I have the exact same error message, and nothing seemed to work. I re-installed it several times to no avail- it seems to work for awhile and then the message comes up again. I tried it again today, and now it works after the error message comes up. any more information would be helpful.
statman
Administrator

Postby statman » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Send the query to

Code: Select all

support@spss.com

Note that you will need to provide you customer ID and product serial # for them to 'typically' address the initial request.
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services