SPSS 16.0 license error

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

SPSS 16.0 license error

Postby Arkie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:19 pm

I have not had a problem until today with 16.0 when after installing and getting the license I recieved this:
Unable to acquire a license token due to error 11
A miscellaneous license related error has occurred
specific symptom 188

I spoke with Tech Support at SPSS but they did not have this error in their database.
Any ideas

Postby statman » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Sorry no. If they didn't have a solution then would reinstall/repair.

Where did you get your copy (you can PM me if necessary to answer this)
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statistical Services

Postby nic67542 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:47 pm

I had a similar problem with spss 15.0 (with patch). I had windows vista and about every other week I got an "unable to acquire license" error. At that point, I had to uninstall and reinstall, which would fix the problem for a week or 2. Because of this and other software issues (many, many) i switched back to xp, where it works perfectly.

If I had to take a wild guess, I think after x amount of time, something got out of sink with vista (maybe a time signature or something) and no longer recognized the license as valid.

Re: SPSS 16.0 license error

Postby wonko » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:47 pm

I had a similar problem under windows xp. In my case it was because the system date on the pc was wrong - all I had to do was set the right date and time in windows.