PASW Statistics GradPack 18 crashes on Mac

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

mmcgrath

PASW Statistics GradPack 18 crashes on Mac

Postby mmcgrath » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:32 am

Hello,
I am having a problem with PASW Statistics GradPack 18 (Mac) and was hoping someone could help me. I bought the product for use at home 3 years ago, so the 4-year license should not have expired. I have used it without any problems on this same computer for 3.5 years. However, just recently it has begun to unexpectedly quit on me very soon after opening, even though I am not doing anything differently and am using the same computer. I have checked and I have abundant memory/storage.

The program itself will open up fine, and I am able to open a data set (.sav file). However, as soon as I try to click somewhere on the toolbar (e.g. "Analyze") the colour-palette-wheel-thing appears and then the program unexpectedly quits. The below message then appears in a grey box entitled "Problem Report for PASW Statistics 18":

PASW Statistics 18 quit unexpectedly.
Click Reopen to open the application again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically.

Process: JavaApplicationStub [210]
Path: /Applications/SPSSInc/*/PASWStatistics18.0.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub
Identifier: com.spss.PASWStatistics.18.0
Version: 18.0.0 (18.0.0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [135]

Date/Time: 2012-12-05 17:55:53.692 +1100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)
Report Version: 9
etc etc (it goes on for pages)

I would greatly appreciate any help to understand why this is happening, as I am relying on this program to run some stats for my masters project!
Thanks so much.
statman
Administrator

Re: PASW Statistics GradPack 18 crashes on Mac

Postby statman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:45 pm

I would send the error message to SPSS via this link (to a forum)

Code: Select all

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=302
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services