Creating a box-plot from crosstabs

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

briehl

Creating a box-plot from crosstabs

Postby briehl » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:44 pm

I have survey data from households in Mexico. The data contains information about 32 states, the decile of household income that each household belongs to (10% of the nation in decile 1, 10% in decile 2, etc.) and whether or not the household has electricity (yes or no). Since some states are poorer than others, the percentage of a poorer state population with no electricity within decile one will be higher than the percentage of a richer state population with no electricity within decile one. I want to create a graph that shows this by having income decile 1-10 on the x-axis, electricity access (yes/no) as the cluster x variable, and the minimum, maximum and median percentage of population on the y-axis.

I can find these percentages by splitting the file by state (into 32 groups) and then using crosstabs with income decile as the columns and electricity access as the rows, and then using the percentage within each decile. (So the percentage of each state population within that particular decile that has or does not have electricity is shown in the table). I cannot figure out, however, how to plot just the maximum, minimum, and median values of these percentages, since boxplot is not an option when plotting directly from a crosstabs table.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
statman
Administrator

Re: Creating a box-plot from crosstabs

Postby statman » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Look into the OMS function then from that data create your plot

Also, see the Note below
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
kimutaku

Re: Creating a box-plot from crosstabs

Postby kimutaku » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:45 am

HI STATMAN
Nice to meet you. i'm new beginner for this forum.
but i can not post new thread , can not send message.
due to no authorizes. please kindly suggest?
and can reply current post only but can not attached file as xlsx as well.
i have some help for decile analysist with example data.
please kindly help? :)
thanks and br.