Is order deliverd on time yes/no?

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

evato13

Is order deliverd on time yes/no?

Postby evato13 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi,

I have a question about testing data which are dates. I have a file with a lot of orders. These orders are placed at a certain date and in this order their is given a date on which the customer wants the delivery. Then I have a column where the data is on which the order is actually deliverd. I need to test in how many percent of these orders the devivery is on time.

I also want to split this and see differences in different groups like warehouses (which are also known in my dataset).

What is the best way to use SPSS for testing this?

Thank you!
GerineL

Re: Is order deliverd on time yes/no?

Postby GerineL » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:46 pm

evato13 wrote: I have a question about testing data which are dates. I have a file with a lot of orders. These orders are placed at a certain date and in this order their is given a date on which the customer wants the delivery. Then I have a column where the data is on which the order is actually deliverd. I need to test in how many percent of these orders the devivery is on time.
look into the date-time wizard, you can calculate with date and times. You can substract date1 from date2, and use negative dates as too late, positive dates as on time (or vice versa, dependent on which variable you select as date1 / date2 ).
If you want, you can create a new var with an if function that indicates whether it was on time yes/no.

I also want to split this and see differences in different groups like warehouses (which are also known in my dataset).
Not clear what you mean here, so give more information on variables etc. to answer this question.
You might want to look into the split file function
evato13

Postby evato13 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Tnx for the fast reply.

With splitting, I mean I want to be able to say if for example certain warehouses are better to deliver orders on time. So I have for example 5 warehouses which can ship the order. Which test is then the most effective to use to test which warehouses scores the best on shipping the orders on time?
GerineL

Postby GerineL » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:47 am

well, if you indeed have 5 warehouses, you have multiple measures per warehouse, and a continuous variable representing time, you could use an anova.
but to determine what test you can use, we need more information on your data.