How to do non-parametric repeated measures?!

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

phd nearly due

How to do non-parametric repeated measures?!

Postby phd nearly due » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:39 pm

Dear All,

I am doing research into psychological methods of pain control and am busily writing up, but have hit a problem...

Most of my data is parametric and is going ok, but apparently VASs for pain should be analysed as if they are non-parametric.

I have pre- and post-intervention VASs for pain intensity, five days of testing and five between-subjects groups (different distraction methods). I would normally do a 2x5x5 repeated measures ANOVA, but can't do this if it is non-parametric. How do you do repeated measures in non-parametric data? Is there an alternative?

PhD is due in about one month and a quarter of my stats need re-run to get this right! What can you suggest?

Also, how do I write up normal distribution? I have eyeballed the data and it is normally distributed, but I need some test or way of writing this up. How could that be done?

All help appreciated ASAP!

Many thanks.

Re: How to do non-parametric repeated measures?!

Postby tangconremal1985 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:18 am

Your share is fascinating! Thank you very much!

Re: How to do non-parametric repeated measures?!

Postby statman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:57 pm

You might take a look into an ANOVA model for repeated measures, not aware of one in nonparametrics
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statistical Services