Unsure of what analysis

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

whatdata

Unsure of what analysis

Postby whatdata » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi, will appreciate any help on this. I am looking for what analysis to use to see how a scale (0-10) can be used to predict another variable value (yes, no, or maybe).

Basically participants were asked to grade various items on importance (1 unimportant to 10 important). In another question they were asked if they would consider buying a product (yes, no, or maybe). What I want to do is to see if I can how various scores on the scale can predict a yes, no, or maybe response. Example, up to (or 1, 2 and) 3 on the scale predicted or a no response. Or scored 7+ predicted a yes response.

I've seen regression but that doesn't allow me to see how each variable value (yes, no, maybe) can be predicted via the scale (1-10), just the variable as a whole. What analysis do you guys think would be best for this?

Thanks again.
statman
Administrator

Re: Unsure of what analysis

Postby statman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:21 pm

Look into Categorical Regression as well as Help & Case Studies - Further ...............
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services