evelynial

SPSS Help

Postby evelynial » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:28 am

I have 4 IV'S
Coping (IV1)
Enhancement (IV2)
Social (IV3)
Conformity (IV4)
That I need to test against DV 1 (Drinking Frequency) DV2 (Intoxication Frequency) and DV3 (Hangovers at Work)
Then DV1 (Drinking Frequency) becomes IV5 to test it against DV3 (Hangovers at Work)
Then I have IV6 (Workplace Norms) that needs to be tested against DV3 (Hangovers at Work)
And then I have DV3 (Hangovers at Work) that becomes IV7 to be tested against DV4 (Future Hangovers at Work)

And I haven't got a clue which test I should use to analyse my data in SPSS! Can anyone help?
statman
Administrator

Re: SPSS Help

Postby statman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:21 pm

Neither do I?

Do you want to test each DV against all or some of the IVs or what?

Also ...............
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
evelynial

Re: SPSS Help

Postby evelynial » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi there, I am going to use the 64-bit version of IBM SPSS

My topic is:
Alcohol Use, Motives and Workplace Norms:
toward an understanding of alcohol-related Presenteeism for bar
and restaurant sector employees

I'm measuring Drinking Frequency, Intoxication Frequency, Workplace Norms, Drinking Motives (using the four-factor DMQ-R) and Alcohol Related Presenteeism/ Prospective Presenteeism.

My research questions are:
1. How does each of the four categories for drinking motives affect drinking frequency scores?
2. How does each of the four categories for drinking motives affect intoxication frequency scores?
3. How does each of the four categories for drinking motives affect Alcohol-Related Presenteeism scores?
4. Do higher scores on Alcohol-Related Illness and Work Norms measure mean higher AR presenteeism scores?
5. Does higher drinking frequency mean higher AR presenteeism scores?
6. Does higher intoxication frequency mean higher AR presenteeism scores?
7. Do high Alcohol-Related Presenteeism scores mean high Prospective Presenteeism scores?

I have collected survey data (within subjects design) for Drinking Frequency, Intoxication Frequency, Workplace Norms, Drinking Motives (18 item DMQ-R) and Alcohol Related Presenteeism/ Prospective Presenteeism.