Multiple Response Set Statistics

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

smcbride_01

Multiple Response Set Statistics

Postby smcbride_01 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:08 am

Hello,
I am hoping some one can assist as I am looking for a means of analyzing associations between several survey questions that are multiple response set questions and comparing large metropolitan, small metropolitan, micropolitan and non-core by various healthcare service oriented questions. For example, multiple response, please describe your organization and check all that apply (there are five options here with a 0 if not selected and 1 if selected). I have successfully analzyed frequencies and cross tabulations of the data, graphics using multiple response set in SPSS, but see no means of a weighted chi square or comparison statistic. I have seen reference to the Rao-Scott chi square but find no way to analyze cross tabs using this option in SPSS. The other suggestions has been concat the multiple response into the various combinations creating a distinct variable.
statman
Administrator

Re: Multiple Response Set Statistics

Postby statman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Never heard of a "weighted chi square" and as far as "comparison statistic" - not sure what you mean but you can get a chi-sq using multiple response variables in Custom Tables as well as t-tests.
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
smcbride_01

Re: Multiple Response Set Statistics

Postby smcbride_01 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks for responding. I was hoping the base SPSS would take care of multiple response chi square. Stata actually has a mrtab that does what I was looking for (handling the multiple response) including bonferroni adjustments. I will look into getting the tables module, as I have had it in the past--did not use it much as we had other pivot and analytic tools for that purpose. Does the chi square do a bonferroni adjustment using the SPSS tables module? Thank you again, Susan McBride