which type of regression

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

drewm

which type of regression

Postby drewm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:40 am

malesless than 45.sav
Hi I am new to the forum and fairly new to regression. I am looking at skin conductance (EDA) and personality. So I have conductance scores and IPIP questionnaire responses. Skin conductance deteriorates a little at 40+ so i have factored out those participants. The data doesnt look normally distributed. Anyone have an idea of what type of regression eg Enter, stepwise etc?

Have attached the data file. Would be grateful for a little guidance - thanks.

Windows 7 64-bit. SPSS 20 PASW though data should work with any SPSS ver
Data = skin response or EDA (GSR same as what is used in lie detector) this is stated as LLnscr and the rest is a psychometric test (NEO-RR) which is N E O C A age tends to -neg correlate with age due to skin getting more elastic with age, therefore, i screened those less than 45yrs. I did PP and QQ plots along with other tests for normality, it is nowhere near normal. Hope I haven't missed anything. n = 274 before reduction of age. Gender not important. Just want to know what the best way of seeing which correlate of NEO questionaire and Non specific skin response would be best. I thought stepwise, but that is as far as i can see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drewm on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
statman
Administrator

Re: which type of regression

Postby statman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:16 pm

See the Note below
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
drewm

Re: which type of regression

Postby drewm » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:14 pm

^sorry, have now edited it a bit. Cant think of anything else at present. Hope that is enough.