Logistic/Binary Regression

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

Gribble_the_Munchkin

Postby Gribble_the_Munchkin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:41 am

Hello all

I only have SPSS 21 Base. I need to do some logistic regression. I can't find this in my version. Can anyone confirm whether I need an additional module to do this and if so is it the Regression module (as seems sensible).

Thanks
statman
Administrator

Re: Logistic/Binary Regression

Postby statman » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:22 pm

Check here

Code: Select all

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27024972#en
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
spssuser3344

Re: Logistic/Binary Regression

Postby spssuser3344 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:49 pm

I also cannot find logistic regression, and I have version 22. I found the official manual from IBM stating that it should be as simple as:

Analysis > Regression > Binary Logistic

However, the only options I have under regression are:
  • Automatic Linear Modeling
    Linear
    Curve Estimation
    Partial Least Squares
    Ordinal
So... where is it?I went to the link posted by statman, but it's just a list of links about installation. Does that mean something went wrong with the installation? I've never had this problem with SPSS before, logistic regression has always been, so a little more guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Aaronwag

Postby Aaronwag » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi,
I run a logistic regression in ProbABEL using --robust function with 300 samples. For markers with all samples have common allele homozygous in controls or cases but not in both, I found different results for example, P-value of 0.9 without- and 1E-187 with --rboust with and without --robust function. Can I rely on one of the methods? Any suggestion appreciated.

thanks