What analysis option should I use?

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

jpardys

What analysis option should I use?

Postby jpardys » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:13 am

Please help me :|

I'm a doctoral student taking a survey research class. I have conducted a survey in order to see if the number of years one has been teaching affects the frequency of use of research based practices. It is a forced response survey. The last question asks the respondent how many years they have been teaching. They select from options such as 1-3 years; 4-7 years, etc. The other questions asks how often they employ certain research based practices. For example, "I use cooperative learning practices" Response options are 'frequently', 'sometimes', 'rarely', 'never'.

If I'm correct, my independent variable is the number of years one has been teaching. My dependent variables are the items that asks about the frequency one employs certain practices.

Can anyone offer some suggestions about which options in the analysis menu I should used to determine if the number of years one has been teaching affects the frequency one employs certain practices.

Thanks!
statman
Administrator

Re: What analysis option should I use?

Postby statman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:11 pm

Sounds as if you might look into ANOVA or Chi-square but also see the Note below
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services