Good Samaritan, help with SPSS basics.

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

Marcus87

Good Samaritan, help with SPSS basics.

Postby Marcus87 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Hello friends, English is not my first language so i`m sorry if there are any linguistic mistakes.

I am taking a supplemental course outside of my major (political science) in statistics and while everything was fine, the last assignment that was given Friday is about using SPSS. I never used it before and i need some help.

I can provide more information via PM or e-mail but basically i need too:

1. Use SPSS to run a non-parametric test based on some data provided to me (4 columns of related data, duration, interval, height and the 3 different years). I need to find if the different years have similar time intervals or if they are changing.

I tried to use analyze - Non-Parametric Tests but after that i don`t know which option to choose..

2. Use SPSS to test the normality of 2 distributions.
What test should i run...

3. Use SPSS to test the normality of a variable and then use the appropriate correlation test (then wrap it up with a statistic test).
Again, what test should i be running...

Please help.

Edit: I'm using Windows 7, SPSS 22.
Last edited by Marcus87 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus87

Re: Good Samaritan, help with SPSS basics.

Postby Marcus87 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Anyone?

I was able to get the first one done but now i need to compare 2 companies to see how much difference in income they produce.

I'm not sure what to use in SPSS to do that...
statman
Administrator

Re: Good Samaritan, help with SPSS basics.

Postby statman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:36 am

Beside the Note below, have you reviewed the Case studies and Help for nonparametric stats?
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services