factor analysis- factor correlation matrix

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

LanaLC

factor analysis- factor correlation matrix

Postby LanaLC » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi!
I have a weird problem and I think it is a stupid mistake, but I can't figure it out :-(
I'm using Multidimensional scale of attitudes toward **CENSORED** and gay man translated to my language. It has been previously shown that in our version of this scale, factor analysis comes up with 2 factors: factor of modern prejudice (adoption, gay rights..) and factor of traditional prejudice (they should hide, i would be ashamed...).
It seems logical to me that those 2 factors will be highly correlated and in the same direction.

But here I have a negative correlation -0,646. I went through reproduced correlations and everything seems to be in order: those items that should be negativly correlated- they are, and those that should be in positive correlation- they also are...

could somebody please help me with understanding this?

Thank you in advance...
Lana
statman
Administrator

Re: factor analysis- factor correlation matrix

Postby statman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:35 am

Need more data info

Also, see the Note below
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services
LanaLC

Re: factor analysis- factor correlation matrix

Postby LanaLC » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Sorry for that!
I am on Mac OS x, using IBM SPSS Statistics v 22
There was a referendum in my country, wheather or not should marriage be defined as a community between man and woman
therefore I did a survey, one of the scales used was Multidimensional scale of attitudes.
Do you need other info, sth about the sample?

thx in advance...