Dissertation help needed

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

cf2510

Dissertation help needed

Postby cf2510 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi there,

I am just looking for some help regarding SPSS, which I am using for my dissertation that is looking at the difference in travel motivations for first time backpackers and repeat backpackers.

Participants had to undertake a survey asking them there motivations and ranking their importance on a Likert Scale. The motivations were from six different factors (novelty, relationship, nostalgia etc.). They were also asked to rate how experienced they felt they were at backpacking on a point scale of (Inexperienced, Somewhat experienced, experienced, very experienced) and whether they had not been backpacking and wanted to go or whether they had been and wanted to go again.

I have a research objective where I am looking to find out if the backpacking travel experience of the two different groups affects their ranking of Novelty etc.

I think I have the data/variables all inputted and can do the basic frequency calculations but if someone could help me out with which tests would be most suitable then that would be great.

Ciaran
statman
Administrator

Re: Dissertation help needed

Postby statman » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:11 am

You note the following:
cf2510 wrote: They were also asked to rate how experienced they felt they were at backpacking on a point scale of (Inexperienced, Somewhat experienced, experienced, very experienced) ....

I have a research objective where I am looking to find out if the backpacking travel experience of the two different groups ...
How did you come up with 2 experience "groups" when you say there are 4 levels?

Also...
See the note below

NOTE: Please read the Posting Guidelines and always tell us your OS, the SPSS version and information about your study and data!

Statman
Statistical Services