Which Statistical Test Should I Use?

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

minalec

Which Statistical Test Should I Use?

Postby minalec » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi guys. New to the forum - currently enrolled in a multivariable statistics course, following my intro to stats course I took last year. Thanks for having me!

I am a biology major, and will be running a study and am unsure of what statistical test to run. Here is a summary of what we will be doing:

We are testing to see if there is a correlation between weight gain and amount of light in crickets. Using 20 crickets, they will be split evenly into two groups: a control group getting normal daylight hours, and an experimental group that will be in total darkness. The project will go on for 2 weeks, and each cricket will be weighed once a day for the 14 days. I imagine the variables can be plugged in as idno (1-20), light (1=control, 2=dark), and day (1-14, each weight will be recorded here).

So, which test should I run? I thought possibly a repeated measures ANOVA but after running, that, it doesn't seem to be testing for what we're looking for. To state it again, we are looking for a significant difference in weight gain between crickets kept in normal lighting conditions and those kept in 24/7 darkness.

I appreciate your help very much. Thank you friends
minalec

Re: Which Statistical Test Should I Use?

Postby minalec » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:33 pm

Anybody out there? Appreciate any help you can give
GerineL

Re: Which Statistical Test Should I Use?

Postby GerineL » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:45 pm

I think you were right with the repeated measures anova.
what's the problem there?