how do I partition data in SPSS (training set + validation set)?

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

fengyuwuzu
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:40 pm

how do I partition data in SPSS (training set + validation set)?

Postby fengyuwuzu » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:42 pm

I want to randomly select 60% data as training set, and the rest 40% as validation set. How I can do this in SPSS?

I tried "data" --> "select cases", but I can only save the selected data, not the rest data.

Thanks.
GerineL
Moderator
Posts: 1477
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: how do I partition data in SPSS (training set + validation set)?

Postby GerineL » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:44 am

you can instead compute a filter variable and use this to save both datasets (select 0 and 1)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron