Significance for the entire group

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

ninamar

Significance for the entire group

Postby ninamar » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:18 pm

First of all I apologize because I don't know English very well so I hope you will understand my question. I use google translate to translate my question.

On the occasion of the graduation of work I was doing a survey with 36 questions. I would like these 36 questions divided into 6 groups and thereby calculate the arithmetic mean and the significance of certain group for the workplace of respondents (managers, production workers and administrative workers). For example I would like to 6 question about Human Resources put in one group called Human Resources and than I want to calculate how managers answer to that 6 question (mean), mean of productive workers for that 6 questions and mean of administrative workers for that 6 questions. Then, from that 3 means I want to calculate the significance of the whole group.

I've already got the arithmetic mean of each question and the significance of each question to the workplace of the respondents , but I am interested in evaluation of the whole group in order to later in the work to compare these six groups.

Can someone explain to me where to click to get all that :)

Thank you soooo much!
GerineL

Re: Significance for the entire group

Postby GerineL » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:14 pm

To compare a certain mean between 6 groups, you can use anova.
If this is not what you need, can you rephrase your question?