regression data input

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

makme3

regression data input

Postby makme3 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:34 am

hello

I have a trouble entering the data in my spss programme actually I do not know how to do enter the data of 3 companies . I am trying to use regression method. I have 5 independant and one dependent variables of three companies. I have 10 years data of these 3 companies from 2006 to 2015. Should I enter the data in year order one comany after another company, shoud I enter the first compsny's data from 2006 to 2015, then second company after first company datas and finally the last comany datas after first two compnies I give the draft of my data input, please tell me if it is correct

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GerineL

Re: regression data input

Postby GerineL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:10 am

it depends a bit on what test you are going to run. but no worries, if you choose for one or the other, you can use the restructure option in spss to go from one format to the other (long vs wide)
makme3

Postby makme3 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:57 am

thank you for your answer indeed

multiple regression is what I am going to use as test, But the problem is, for example, there are going to be three different values because there are three companies for each year. For example acid-test ratio as an independant variable is going to be used but there will be three figures, lets say, for 2011 , My friend told me that we are supposed to get avarage ration of three companies for every year and in this way make just one table by getting avarage of three companies for every year. I wonder İf my friend is right or not.
GerineL

Postby GerineL » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:07 am

do you mean you have 3 different dependent variables? The way you want to handle that depends on both theoretical and statistical arguments, so it is difficult to say whether or not your friend is right.
It is certainly possible to compute an average score using spss, but I cannot say without more information if this is the way to go.