Help setting up data for SPSS import and analysis recommendations

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

kixkat

Help setting up data for SPSS import and analysis recommendations

Postby kixkat » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:49 pm

I'm in a class right now using SPSS, and am working on my final project. My hypthoses are basically: does nutrient/water quality/invasive species affect invasion rate? My data is longitudinal, recoded to start at year 0. I have variables for nutrients, other water quality parameters, and presence/absence of each invasive species. I am having trouble figuring out how to set up my data so it works in SPSS. I would like to do hierarchical regression, as that makes the most sense based on my literature review, but I have no idea how I should work it so it works longitudinally and with my 55 lakes. The only way I can think to set it up would be to split it into yearly based variables but that means I'll have way, way too many variables for any meaningful regression.

Any suggestions?

Example of dataset: (I'd attach the actual excel file but I keep getting errors)
exampledata.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GerineL

Re: Help setting up data for SPSS import and analysis recommendations

Postby GerineL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:12 am

for longitudinal data, you might want to look into repeated measures anova, although I am not sure if this is applicable in your case as I don't exactly understand your dataset.