General advice - setting up dataset for compare and contrast

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

llollipoppi

General advice - setting up dataset for compare and contrast

Postby llollipoppi » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:22 am

Hello,

Hopefully someonce can push me in the right direction.

I completed a survey with 2 different clubs - one of the club had access to different resources so some of the questions varied slightly.

I've added both surveys to the one dataset and now want to compare and contrast the variations between the two clubs. I want to compare, description stats, cross tabs (club type, gender location etc) and run some chi square analysis.

Now I'm not sure how i get aggregate results for each of the clubs - how do i get the dataset to:

a) analyse the data for each club (excluding the other - i tried select cases but it seemed to double my population)
b) Compare multi variables between clubs ( level of performance and gender within each club)

Should I have made two different data sets?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give me
llollipoppi

Re: General advice - setting up dataset for compare and contrast

Postby llollipoppi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:25 am

Thought I would add a bit more information

i set up a dataset for the first club and then ran some basic descriptive tests, However I needed to collect more data so I replicated the survey in another club.

I then added this data to the original dataset, so now i'm not sure how to conduct a comparative analyses (the clubs are coded 1 and 2), most of my data is ordinal so i want to run comparative cross tabs so between the clubs for example

how important is sport to your future?
What level of coaching qualification do you expect to achieve

Have run this ok for the first club but not sure how to achieve this to get comparisons with the second club? Should set up a second dataset for the other club?

I tried to tun a non parametric test on two or more samples but it wouldn't let me as its ordinal data.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me
llollipoppi

Re: General advice - setting up dataset for compare and contrast

Postby llollipoppi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:46 am

OK I think the answer is to add a layer in the cross tab but still open to ideas:)