does multiple regression analysis in SPSS automatically include IV to IV linear regressions?

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

naomehh

does multiple regression analysis in SPSS automatically include IV to IV linear regressions?

Postby naomehh » Fri May 27, 2016 1:09 am

Hi, I hope I'm wording this right because I'm really new to statistics overall, let alone SPSS...
So I'm working through this paper and I have this chart, see attachment.
Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 02.04.08.png
The method used to input data was forced entry/enter. I know that they knew that some IVs/PVs weren't relevant to the DV/RV, because they used the enter method.
The paper says 'The method employed in both regression equations was the forced entry method in which all predictor variables are entered simultaneously into the regression, regardless of whether their contribution to the prediction and total variance is significant or not.'
So does this mean, and the fact they used SPSS mean, that they checked the interdependence of the IVs/PVs?

(I don't know which term is preferred with SPSS so I've used both independent and predictor variable, I hope it makes sense.)

Furthermore, and I am trying to figure this out for myself as well but if anyone can quickly (or not) explain the 't' bit and the 'f' bit to me in this context that'd be AMAZING. I've asked for help on the 'f' bit on researchgate and it helped but I just can't seem to make sense of it.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.