Negative Value after Imputation

Moderators: statman, Analyst Techy, andris, Fierce, GerineL, Smash

BillFrets

Negative Value after Imputation

Postby BillFrets » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello, I am new to SPSS and data science and am currently trying to complete the analysis of the data I generated for my senior honor thesis.

I'm currently having an issue with one of my variables when I run my descriptive statistics. I calculate the Mean, Maximum, Minimum, and std. deviation for each value, and for some reason get a negative value for one of my variables Mins. This should not be the case, as it is not possible to generate negative values with the type of data I am gathering.

The negative value only appears after I do an imputation to correct for missing data. Why is this? Am I doing something wrong?

I could really use some help, thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
missmansirao

Re: Negative Value after Imputation

Postby missmansirao » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 am

Use

/CONSTRAINTS MIN=0

MIN = NONE | num. Minimum allowable imputed value for scale variables. Specify a number. If an imputed value is less than the minimum, the procedure draws another value until it finds one that is greater than or equal to MIN or the MAXCASEDRAWS or MAXPARAMDRAWS threshold is reached (See METHOD subcommand). There is no default minimum. MIN is ignored when predictive mean matching is used or when applied to a categorical variable. An error occurs if MIN is greater than or equal to MAX. In a date format variables, values must be enclosed in single or double quotes and expressed in the same date format as the defined date format for the variable.

Hope this helps.
-Regards
Mansi Rao
(Tekslate)